Monday, September 25, 2023

Thrun Thrives in Sharks Training Camp

Henry Thrun wasted no time getting involved in the famous "beef" that has been built up between the San Jose Sharks and Vegas Golden Knights.

I used the word "beef" because I didn't want to use "rivalry." We just hate them because they're better than us. 

This article (https://thehockeywriters.com/3-takeaways-san-jose-sharks-preseason-opener/) from The Hockey Writers touches on Henry Thrun's performance (and other notes) during the Shark's first preseason game and how he is ready for the big leagues. I highly suggest taking a read because this touches base with something I have already stated before and I feel as if this is not going to be talked about nearly enough as we head into October.

Anyways, the Sharks began their preseason this past Sunday where they were victorious over the Knights, winning the game 5-2.  The Sharks' front office should be ecstatic with the performance of the former Harvard University Captain. He scored a pair of goals and added a nice tasty apple to the score sheet, too. 

Why should the front office be ecstatic? 

Because this is (hopefully) Erik Karlsson's replacement...

I said in a previous blog (https://mytealtakeaways.blogspot.com/2023/09/bright-spots-of-2023-2024-san-jose.html) that Henry Thrun looked like an NHL veteran when he made his NHL debut at the end of last season, once he turned pro and concluded his NCAA career. His poise was excellent and he carried himself tremendously in his first handful of NHL action. Thankfully I am not the only one who thinks Thrun in the AHL would be a complete waste of time. He has been NHL-ready. Not even that, Henry Thrun is ready to take over Erik Karlsson's spot on the Shark's top power-play unit. 

According to the Sharks' coaching staff, Thrun has had an unbelievable first NHL training camp and has really made an enormous impression on the front office, that I genuinely don't think they were expecting. I really hope Thrun makes this team out of camp because he absolutely deserves to be on this roster heading into opening night. He is going to be a special player for this organization for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharks Win Macklin Celebrini

Remember a few months when I preached about manifesting the number one overall pick? I actually don't care. Because I do. The San Jose S...