Saturday, September 23, 2023

My Thoughts: Brodie Brazil

I'm guessing that if you're a San Jose Sharks fan, you have probably heard of, or literally heard, Brodie Brazil. He covers Sharks' pre and post-game coverage for NBC Sports California. Once I graduated from high school, my first option to study in college was broadcast/journalism because of Brodie. I was so drawn to the profession because of how much fun he makes it seem.

If you're a Sharks fan and you haven't checked out Brodie Brazil's YouTube channel, you need to go do that immediately. I know there are many more die-hard Sharks and hockey fans out there who appreciate such excellent observations and insights on their favorite team.

What I love so much about Brodie Brazil is he's so authentic. He really just is himself behind the microphone and that is no easy task to accomplish. He laughs and makes his content enjoyable to watch which I think is key in regards to any piece of content on the internet.

Something I have learned when it comes to discussing certain niches is if somebody seems they have no clue what they're talking about, it's usually because they don't. I've come across many Sharks' podcasts and reporters where I think to myself instantly, "This person doesn't have a clue what hockey is." 

Brodie Brazil is one of the FEW San Jose Sharks reporters who don't give me that perception. 

Even though he has never played hockey, you can tell he has been a fan of the game, and the Sharks, for a very long time. He knows what he's talking about. You can feel Brodie's passion for Sharks hockey. There aren't many reporters out there who will be as honest and realistic as Brodie is. After almost every game during the season, Brodie is in his office, starting a live stream to talk about the game and interact with fans. He offers them chances to discuss topics, give opinions, and their thoughts on the game or even the state of the franchise. I've really enjoyed connecting with Brodie's YouTube page as it has been one of my main sources for Sharks news.

We also share the same "favorite player" in Logan Couture. That right there says enough about Brodie.

Please check out his YouTube channel if you haven't already! I'd give his page a 9.5/10 rating. https://www.youtube.com/@brodiebrazil




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharks Win Macklin Celebrini

Remember a few months when I preached about manifesting the number one overall pick? I actually don't care. Because I do. The San Jose S...